Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A NorWester!

Howdy!

I get to write to you today!

When the power went out this afternoon, I thought all hope was lost. It's windy out there!

Check this out...


It's a screenshot from Windfinder.com. Since we have winds in the 30-40 mph range, I had to see why. 

Looks like all the Great Lakes and Hudson Bay are orange/red which, as you can find in the bottom chart, means the winds are definitely in the 30 mph range. 

In the big picture, we see a giant swirling system moving counterclockwise (producing a NW wind for the Keweenaw). Looking to the center of this storm, Attawapiskat, Ontario is in the eye. It's purple in color which means it's basically calm.

But look at that swirl of a system! Isn't it interesting? 

Weather has always fascinated me. Whenever I am perplexed by the amount of wind we are getting, I check this site to see what's happening in the big picture. It's fun to see what's going on all over the world even!

Man, it is windy out there! Eek!

B and I went to Hebard Park to check out the waves after school. If we were on a more westwardly shore, they were probably bigger. It wasn't too rockin' out where we were, but B said, "It's fine."

So we stayed for a bit.

Ha!

I'm trying to get this out to you before the power leaves again. Who knows what will happen out there!

I did want to thank all the people who purchased from the Copper Harbor Vitality sale. Thank you!

I've also been getting requests for people to get emails when this blog is published. The Feed Burner that used to do that automatically through this blog platform got bought out and no longer offers that service. So if you're wondering why you haven't been getting emailed, that's why!

If you would like, I can start a google group email for this blog. Once I collect emails of willing participants, I'll compile them and send you an invite to this google group. Then you can just accept and be in!

Nobody else in the group will be able to see your email address unless you respond to that email. But that could be fun!

Also, I won't share your email for any reason other than sending you the link to this blog.

If you're in, you can contact me through my CHV site. If you already have my personal contact, you can send it to me that way too. I'll give it a week for collection, then send invites next week.

Cool? Cool!

See you next week if we have power!

1 comment: