Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Inter

Okay.

I'm going to be straight with you.

It really hasn't been Winter here.

It's been more like Inter.

No "W" earned.

The temps and conditions linger between Winter and Spring. Sometimes Winter gives it a try, but then Spring takes over and starts to melt the snow white progress.

I have lived here for 17 years, and I have never seen an Inter like this. It's just... odd.

Now you know.

We do have enough snow to do wintery things, though. If you find the right spots. Lake Fanny Hooe, Medora and Manganese are frozen over and covered in snow. 

But... it rained yesterday. Oy!

It has been pleasant overall. I mean, the sunny days are nothing short of majestic! And I'm so grateful to see the waves on Her Majesty pretty much every single day since... last Spring.

It's different, but that's okay. Every time we have an expectation, it's grounds for disappointment. 

I try not to have expectations. Standards and goals, yes, but to put expectations on other things and people (like the weather or your kid) is really not fair to them. 

We can't control everything.

Just being honest. That's really all I can be. It sure makes life easier!

Here's a pic from our latest sunny day on the beach. B actually found rocks to throw! He was thrilled.

I mean, it is that kind of Inter.

My little Sun Beam

Okay, and now I have one more piece of exciting news for you. If you listened to my intro podcast episode, you already had a hint. But now...

... are you ready???

I am halfway through writing my next book!!!

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!

I just can't help myself! Yesterday I wrote almost 3,000 words by creating two chapters. I'm writing chapter 21 right now.

My heart just swells when I get time to write. This book is pouring out of me, and my fingers need to keep up!

What's it about?

Great question!

Well, it's my first full-length work of fiction, and I can't believe I didn't start writing fiction sooner. The characters I created are just wonderful and full of surprises -- even to me!

This book is about the human condition. Everybody has struggles, and I created ten main characters (I know, ten is a lot, but I am keeping them accounted for.) who are working through their feelings as life progresses.

Most of the story takes place in a community garden where the characters meet as plot owners and often feel compelled to bare their soul to each other... sometimes accidentally.

This book seems so real. And funny. And sad. And sweet. And... all the things you would hope for! Plus, it's conveying many of the messages I feel are critical for people to understand in order to (you know it) help make the world a better place and reconnect humanity.

At this rate, it will be done before the end of the year. Keep your fingers crossed for me that nothing gets in the way of this writing train.

Chooo chooo!!!

6 comments:

  1. I so look forward to your blog each week!! You are so inspiring! And that Brady P is as cute as a button!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And you are right... he sure is precious!

      Delete
  2. Your book sounds interesting. I know I'll want to read it. I love the glimpses of your part of the U.P. you share. It helps connect me to my heritage. My mom's family were from Calumet. Grandpa and gr-grandpa were copper miners and my moms siblings were all born there. Mom was born downstate. Dad's family was from Ishpeming. That grandpa was an iron miner. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your story and showing your support! It's always interesting to learn people's connections to the area.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear you only having inter Amanda, plenty of winter here in MN. The recent rains really suck though, two vehicles stuck down in my driveway in the past three days needed to be towed out. A barricade is up now until it’s under control. Congrats on your new fiction!..I can’t wait. Where does it take place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No reason to apologize for the weather. Can't control it!
      The book is set in a town called Erden (German for Earth). It is not Copper Harbor. Ha! Instead, I wanted to represent a town in a more universal way. Plus, the garden needed a longer growing season. So... somewhere south of here! Thanks for your enthusiasm!

      Delete