Friday, September 2, 2022

Best Job in the World

The other day B and I were coming back from throwing rocks at the beach by the bakery.

Like many of our escapades, this one ended up with him riding on my shoulders for the last few blocks home. My almost eight-year-old can ride on my shoulders. That's pretty impressive!

As we passed a row of cabins, a young couple (middle-aged? I don't know!) walked past us.

"Hi!" I said because Brady P taught me to always reach out.

They did not say hi.

But then the woman looked at us and said, "You have the best job in the world."

It took me a minute to figure out what she meant. Because I am a mom? Or... because I am the mother of a little person with an extra chromosome?

Maybe that was it!

Cuz I am Brady P's mom!

I have the best job in the world!!!

I am so lucky!

And, you know what? She is right!

It is the best job in the world.

I have made it my priority to be the best mama I can be, so he can be the best person he can be.

Let me tell you, I wouldn't trade this journey for anything.

It took me too long to register what she may have meant for me to respond to her (I was already home!), but I am curious how she knows that.

Does she have this job too? Does she know someone else with this job? Does she want this job?

I don't know. 

But thank you, lady, for understanding the magnitude of this job, seeing it as something great and sharing that with me.

Do you know who else I would like to thank? All the people who see us in Copper Harbor, recognize us from this blog, and say hello! 

I really don't know if people are reading this, so it's nice to get positive confirmation. A shout out to Heather and Al -- the last people to introduce themselves!

See? We are all connected!

Hello from the best lake in the world!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey of love Amanda. I’ll bet that photo will be a classic that you cherish forever. Take care, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. While visiting Hunters Point this summer I passed Brady and friend walking along the road blueberry hunting and after throwing stones.. I put the car in reverse and hopped out to introduce myself to Brady and his caretaker for the day. What a gift was given to me. Thank you Amanda for keeping us connected through the blog. I am a vacationer from Carmel Indiana and a weekly reader..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mike and Lela!

    ReplyDelete