Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Change of Seasons

Hey! 

Happy Wednesday!

After the last post, it turned to winter. I was even out with the snowblower! I mean. It's really winter. The snow is building, and it doesn't look like we'll get a break. You can check the weather for 49918. It's either below 32 degrees F or snowing. Or both.

Ha!

So that's my hypothesis!

I'll let you know if we get one more burst of summer. Hahaha!

With winter here, I realized that somebody doesn't really like to run to school in the cold with his boots and snow pants on.

You guessed it.

Today I had to tell him to stay on the side of the road (half a block away), so I could run home and pick him up in the van. He just wouldn't go anymore!

What a stinker.

Oh well. Things could be worse.

And though he won't run in the winter,  I have to give him credit for running in the rain. Like a banshee!

It's pretty quiet up here otherwise. I think most people enjoy that for now. I sure have plenty to keep me busy, and I'm grateful! It's all good things -- even some great ones!

Before I close, I would like to take a moment to honor the late Sharon Smith. She passed earlier this month in her home. We used to be neighbors on the road to the lighthouse, and she was a fellow blogger. The longest standing blogger in da Harbor!

People would check her site A View from the Field, as it had the famous "almost live" webcam looking west across the harbor. She had other helpful Keweenaw links, photography and even her daily journal.

If you read the last couple journal posts, you may notice that it was becoming her time. Even her cat, Grayson, seemed to know.

May your soul rest in peace, Sharon. Now you have a different view from the field. We know your heart is here.

3 comments:

  1. OMG 😢 I had not heard about Sharon. I followed her posts for years but fell off lately. Thank you for recognizing her… may she rest in peace with dreams of her favorite place. Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Grayson finds a good home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda....I have been following you for years!!! You and your little munchkin make me so happy . I am glad that you remembered Sharon in your post. Have been following her for years, and I know she was failing,,,I hope her little kittty survived. Thanks for all that you do. I always look forward to your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete