Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Rejoicing in a Victory

Happy winter!!!

We just got what looks like 8-12" of powdery delight dumped on everything, so that sure makes it feel like winter is here!

What do I have for you today?

A heart melter.

Who is the biggest heart melter I know?

Brady P. Pie Jonesie of love.

Since schools and pretty much everything in this lovely state are taking giant precautions against a contagious virus, the one room schoolhouse did a video program this year.  It was pretty cute.

One of the scenes had Brady P. singing a solo of Jingle Bells.  In the program video, his solo was cut short and finished by his aide singing the line for him.  When I watched it, I didn't know why.  I figured he just got sidetracked or something.

But one day, I saw the original clip of that scene, and I learned why he stopped.

It made me break into absolute tears.  Good tears.  Happy tears. Like, truly the proudest mother on earth tears.

I can't even type about it without crying.

I will let you watch it to see if you got the same thing out of it as I did.

Oh man.


Sorry his voice is a little muffled with the mask and all, but he was saying the words.  His classmates heard him.  And they were proud.  So proud.

They know he has to work hard especially when it comes to speaking long phrases.  I'm not going to lie, I hear him jibber jabber throughout the day lately, so the fact that he sang Jingle Bells did not surprise me all that much.

But the fact that his classmates clapped and shouted so triumphantly lets me know that they are aware of how hard he works and how far he has come.  They were so genuinely proud of him that it made my heart explode.

Let me put it this way.

I am his mama.  I've been with him for over six years immersed in therapies, reading, speaking and all the things.  It's quite the project to help give a little person all the tools they need to be the best they can be.

But that's what I'm doing.

And to see that his classmates feel that they have invested time, energy and that genuine belief that he can do it, and then feel it's a victory to see that he has done it was almost like I was seeing a part of myself through them.  In them.

And it was so stinkin' beautiful!

It meant the world to me.

Thanks for sharing that with me.  I hope every person in the world gets to feel that at some point in their life because, well, there really isn't anything quite like it.

See you in 2021.  I bet you're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment