Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Making a Believer

Now that it's pretty much B and me (except for school), I try to get us out on the weekends to see, well, someone besides B and me!

So far we have been pretty successful. 

It's hard for us to get sick of each other if we have other people to see. And it's good for both of us to be out of our element. A change in perspective keeps our brains young, learning and able to troubleshoot.

This last weekend we went to Hunter's Point. Always a winner for both of us. He's tall and strong enough now to hike the trail toward the point. We don't always make it all the way, but he sure gives it!

There are some spots where he'll stop and say, "Mummy! Oh no! What do we do? Hold my hand!" and then we conquer together. I'm pretty honored to be a part of that with him.

His little self perched near the shoreline

Although we do each need a break from each other for balance, when I stop and think about it, there really is nothing more meaningful to me at this stage of the game than being a part of his life in that way.

Being adventurous, conquering obstacles and seeing new places all help him build a foundation for believing in himself, getting stronger and becoming brave.

I sure believe in him. And, quite honestly, I think most people do by now. But to see him believe in himself is a great reward, not only for me, but for him.

He is going to do great things in this world. Just like any of us can. Believing is achieving.

Let's start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment