Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Making the Best of It

Okay, well, I thought last week was crazy, but...

... we won't even go into the details of this week because you already know from your own life!

It's back to me and Brady P. 24/7.

Have you ever hung out with someone all the time like that?  I mean ALL THE TIME?

Even if I have somewhere to go, he comes with me.  We eat together, play together, go outside together, learn together, go potty together (sometimes) and so on.

Luckily, and this is how I stay sane, we do not sleep together.

He goes into his own bed.  At first I lay next to him and wait for him to fall asleep.  Then I pray to his guardian angels to watch over him at night so I get a break.  Then I sneak out.

Close his door.

Take a big sigh.

I am not necessarily a religious person, but I know when I need to ask for help.  Nobody else is here to take care of him throughout the night, so I just pray.  So far, it's working.  

Thank you!

I would like to assure you that our days are most lovely together.  We do not battle each other hardly at all.  As long as I keep the young buck fed at an alarming rate, we do just fine.

Pretty wonderful, really.

Remember that person you may or may have not been with 24/7?

Well, imagine they are hilarious and always do random things to be a goofball.  Imagine they eat whatever you make for meals and they are polite about it and seem to enjoy it.  Imagine they love you unconditionally, and you get sweet kisses and hugs throughout the day.  Imagine you feel the need to put your whole heart into that person, so all the extra efforts you make to assure they are learning to be their best self are worth it.

Goofball puts on Mom's winter wear

Playing frisbee on the dry roads

It really makes for a amazing time, and I am sooooo grateful.  When I heard school was called off for three weeks (at a minimum), I almost panicked.

But I am taking this as an blessing rather than a curse.  Luckily I have several jobs that are flexible and one of them was the school!

I lucked out there big time.

And I am not worried really.  This won't last forever.  But while we are in this situation, we will make the best of it.

Besides... the mouth of Fanny Hooe Creek is starting to melt off and we just discovered rocks to throw!

No comments:

Post a Comment