How are you?
I know that things seem surreal and sometimes unfair, but let's remember what we're grateful for. I can get really out of sorts and miserable when I forget the wonderful things in my life.
I bet you can too.
Here are some of the things I'm grateful for:
- I live in Copper Harbor in the fresh air with already quiet streets and a supportive community
- I have a wonderful man who loves me even though I haven't seen him in two weeks cuz the government says we're not supposed to
- My kid is really pretty awesome
- We still have enough food in the house to get through a few more weeks
- The General Store is still serving us locals who refuse to travel south
- We have clean water to drink
- The sun shines more often
- There are rocks to throw by the creek
- Overall, my heart is at peace, and I continue to grow and learn about myself and my place in this world
- The internet is working, so B and I can have conversations with other humans and see their smiles
- I can take a hot shower
- We are healthy
- My kid is seriously awesome
Thanks for listening. This list is not complete, but it's a start.
Have you written a list like this lately? You should try it. It will make you feel better.
Now for goofiness sake, here are some pictures of the things Brady P. has put on in the last week. After wearing an over-sized/non-functional article of clothing one time, he understands why he won't wear it again, so I don't even have to tell him "no."
I learn best from my own mistakes, and I'll let him do that too. As long as he is safe!
Mom's jacket and Grampy's hat
Mom's hat, gloves and boots!
At least there is never a dull moment.
Be grateful. Be smart. Stay safe, and stay at home. Just do the right thing. This is a good time to learn what that means.