Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Superman's Twin

There is no doubt in my mind that Brady P. is here for a BIG reason.  As his mama, I might be biased, but I am not the only person who thinks this.  Most people who know him would agree.

He's a superhero.  

He rescues sadness with a hug.  He brightens the day with his smile.  He promotes hope and acceptance with his pure genius, curiosity and zest for life.  He is super indeed.

So I thought I'd post the three pictures of him with Superman.  

If you have read Digging for Light ~ A Memoir to Inspire Humanity, you already know that Braeden went to Mott's Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan for two surgeries and a check-up.  Each time we were there, we took his picture next to Superman.

I wrote about each of these experiences in the book, and, for some reason, the pictures piqued people's curiosity.  They wanted to see the pictures in the book, so I promised to put them on the blog.

I better deliver, eh?

Superboy #1

In this picture, Braeden was 4 1/2 months old.  He just endured open-heart surgery to correct his AVSD -- two holes in his heart.

My mom and I (pictured above) stayed with him for 10 days while he healed like a champ.  So far his heart is functioning nicely.

Superboy #2

At 10 1/2 months Braden had posterior urethral valve surgery to open his urethra to its full capacity, so he would not get anymore nasty urinary tract infections.  No infections to date after that one!

Superboy #3

At nearly two years old, he went back for a couple check-ups and an eye exam.  By that time he was standing and kind of walking.  I was so proud of him.  Tough as nails, I tell you.

He was even wearing his Superman T-shirt for the occasion.

If you were one of the people who wanted to see the Superman progression, there you go!  Maybe next time we go there, he will be flying through the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment